Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa - Zanzibar
Bluebay Beach Resort is located on the most beautiful 25 acre site of the East Coast with the finest wide, white, sandy beach on the island of Zanzibar, only 35 minutes drive from the town and the airport on a recently built tarmac road.
The rooms - Its 80 Superior rooms, 6 Deluxe rooms and 2 Sultan rooms, all of which enjoy magnificent views of the Indian Ocean, located on rising ground overlooking verdant gardens, the public areas, the pool, the more than 1,000 beautiful palm trees, the sparkling white beach and the azure sea with its coral reef. Each consists of spacious bedroom, separate dressing room, en suite bathroom and verandah or balcony. All rooms are tastefully decorated using traditional Zanzibari furniture to include large four poster beds with mosquito nets, a writing bureau, coffee table and easy chairs. Split level air conditioners, ceiling fans, satellite TV’s, mini-bars, hair dryers and telephones add a touch of luxury to each room.
Restaurant and Bars - The ‘Makuti Restaurant’ enjoys magnificent views over the modern deck-level swimming pool to the ocean beyond and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner within our guests meal plan arrangements. The main bar located beside the swimming pool serves a wide selection of European and South African wines, local and imported beers, spirits and minerals as well as coffee, Cappuccino and Espresso. The Beach Bar and Restaurant, as the name implies, is situated on the very edge of the beautiful Indian Ocean and is an ideal place for guests to sip cold drinks or to enjoy a feast of seafood specialties, pizzas prepared in our authentic wood fired oven as well as other light fare, all served in an informal setting with toes in the sand and a magnificent thatched roof to shade you from the hot tropical sun.
Other facilities - A fully equipped Guest Services and Business Centre is available to guests and offers secretarial services, e-mail and Internet access as well as fax and photocopying facilities. The hotel provides a Fitness Centre featuring a range of modern equipment made in Italy by Technogym, a flood lit tennis court, 5 star PADI Scuba Diving Centre (One Ocean Diving) and a Water Sports Centre with windsurfers, canoes and sailing boats. Table tennis as well as snooker and billiards tables are also available. Other facilities include an open air discotheque, a wide screen TV viewing facility, guest safes, a large fresh water swimming pool with adjoining open-air Jacuzzi and children’s paddling pool, a children’s club ( on demand ), a well equipped Dispensary with Doctor on call and the most fantastic Spa in East Africa.
The Spa - By using primarily natural material the Spa has a relaxed tropical island feel. The wooden deck, the thatch roof built with palm trees growing up through it, the splashing water and the abundance of beautiful exotic plants makes the Spa the ultimate place to completely rejuvenate your body and elevate your mind. A lifting sense of wellbeing engulfs you as you are guided by our professionals through our different treatment rooms, specialists at adapting to each persons requirements, they massages you in airy sea view rooms, overlooking the beach and the turquoise ocean beyond. As with everything at the Spa, the skin care products have been selected for their pure and natural ingredients. Ror a really memorable experience ask your therapists to blend and mix the local spices and fruits right in front of you. All these natural freshly prepared treatments are famous for their virtues for the body and aromas to relax the mind. During these days of leisure, stimulate your taste buds as well, try out the health food options created by our connoisseur chefs using ingredients grown in our own gardens.
The environment - Bluebay Beach Resort is committed to the preservation of the environment. These are some of the ways in which we protecting our environment for future generations:
- We employ reverse osmosis technology to purify underground water in order to make it fit for human consumption. This reduces the impact of the hotel on Zanzibar’s fresh water resources.
- We have taken this one step further by also installing a wastewater treatment plant which recycles all room, kitchen and laundry wastewater. This in turn is used to maintain our beautiful tropical gardens thus further reducing our impact on the islands water supply.
- The lush tropical gardens have themselves been landscaped using indigenous trees, plants, shrubs and ground cover in order to attract the varied bird species of the island as well as to provide an insight to visitors of the diverse tropical vegetation on Zanzibar.
- All guestrooms have been equipped with modern energy saving devices and all electrical installations employ the latest in energy efficient technology. All refrigerators and air conditioners also comply with the latest regulations concerning the use of CFC’s and other ozone harmful gases.
- Garbage is separated at source and what cannot be disposed of in an appropriate manner on the island is incinerated in a purpose-designed incinerator on the hotel premises. The resultant ashes are used to fertilise the hotels lush grounds.
- We have even taken a great deal of trouble to protect our environment from noise pollution by installing our standby generator in a soundproof structure which emits less than 70 dBa at 1 meter.
- Bluebay Beach Resort has been officially recognised and commended by the Government of Zanzibar for its outstanding contribution to the preservation of the environment of the island.
Vantage World Strongly Recommends Insurance for all your Travel Programs
We provide, through TravelSafe Insurance, one of the nation's largest and most respected providers of travel insurance, a TravelSafe Custom Plan, where you decide the benefits YOU want and the levels of protection YOU desire including access to their 24-hour emergency assistance service from anywhere in the world. Click the link below the Plan Benefits table for plan details.