Botswana Safari 5 Days/4 Nights
Botswana offers the visitor a complete African Safari or vacation. This wild and beautiful country is one of the few places in Africa that remains completely unspoiled and animals roam freely. The beautiful Okavango Delta is an inland waterway with a most unusual environment comprising of diverse habitats, where many species of mammals, birds and fish reside. On the eastern fringe of the Delta lies the Moremi Game Reserve, famous for its beauty and intensity of wildlife, including herds of elephant, buffalo, giraffe and antelope. Another most unusual area is the Linyanti Region, where in the dry season, you can see hundreds of buffalo with a pride of lion in pursuit.
Highlights: Explore the labyrinth of lagoons and lakes that comprise the Okavango Delta - Glide through the waters of the Delta in a mokoro, metres from hippo and crocodile - See wild dog while game viewing in the Moremi Reserve.
The Okavango is unique and to use a cliche, is really one of the worlds last Eden’s. It is the largest inland delta in the world, and instead of flowing into the sea, the annual flood from Angola and the local rainfall flows inland, spreading over 15 000square kilometers of Kalahari sand in a maze of lagoons and channels. The countless islands that emerge from the waterways give rise to several ecosystems which are home to vast numbers of game, fish and birds. The delta is impressive all year around, but particularly during the rains when the water is deepest. The delta is also a wonderful place to relax and get in touch with nature. Gliding silently along the waterways in a mokoro (Dugout canoe), you can watch the wildlife and enjoy the tranquility.
Game abounds in the Okavango and at its centre is the Moremi Wildlife Reserve. This 3000 square kilometer sanctuary is home to a wide range of animals. Hippos and crocodiles are plentiful, and make for interesting times when sitting in a shallow mokoro. In the dry season, large herds of zebra, wildebeest and buffalo migrate to the area from the dry Kalahari. The rare Sitatunga and Red Lechwe live in the papyrus reeds lining the banks, while Lion, Leopard and Cheetah choose the open veld to do their hunting.
Included: Scheduled light aircraft transfers from Maun Airport to camp, 2 Nights in the Okavango Delta area - full board and scheduled activities, Inter-camp air transfers, 2 Nights in the Moremi Reserve/Linyati area - full board and scheduled activities, Scheduled light aircraft transfers from camp to Kasane Airport.
Please Note: All light aircraft transfers are subject to a strict baggage allowance, of maximum 12kgs per person in soft bags only. :
Not Included: Tips, porterage, beverages, items of personal nature such as laundry, phone, fax etc. International and domestic flights, except as listed as included, visas and airport taxes, Any other item not mentioned in the itinerary.
Please Note: We have packaged this program at our wilderness camps on an all inclusive basis with return charter flights and transfers from Maun. The itinerary is also available in a selection of deluxe and superior deluxe options. Please contact us at Vantage World for these more customized programs.
- Day 1 â€“ Arrive Maun / Okavango Delta - On arrival at Maun Airport, you will met and transferred by light aircraft to your camp within the Okavango Delta. The Okavango is a labyrinth of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels covering an area of over 17 000 square km and the largest inland delta in the world.
- Day 2 - Okavango Delta - Depending on the water levels in the Delta, activities vary from Mokoro excursions, motorized boat trips, game drives in open safari vehicles or walking safaris. The Okavango Delta is famous for its aquatic wildlife and diversity of birds.
- Day 3 - Okavango Delta / Moremi or Linyanti - Transfer by light aircraft to your camp in the Moremi or Linyanti Region. Moremi is one of the leading wildlife areas and is mostly described as one of the most beautirul wildlfe reserves in Africa. Boasting dense concentrations of game at any time of the year, the game reserve supports a wide range of habitats. On the southern banks of the Linyanti River is the private Linyanti Wildlife Reserve. Here the marsh subsides into lagoons and steadily flowing rivers with riverine forests of jackalberry and sausage trees leading to open grasslands, and dry inland wooded areas.
- Day 4 - Moremi or Linyanti - Your day is spent game viewing in open safari vehicles. The area is highly populated with animals, particularly in the dry winter months when elephants concentrate in enormous numbers at the rivers and waterholes. The particularly beautiful sable and roan antelopes are found here and red lechwe and the aquatic sitatunga antelope inhabit the wetlands. The main predators are lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and hyena.
- Day 5 - Depart Moremi or Linyanti - This morning after your early morning game activity, you will be transferred by light aircraft to Kasane.
We provide, through “Insure My Trip” comparison site, travel insurance policies from Access America, AIG Travel Guard, CSA Travel Protection, Global Underwriters, HTH Worldwide, International Medical Group, MEDEX, MedjetAssist, MultiNational Underwriters, On Call International, RBC Travel Protection, Seven Corners, Travel Insured, Travelex and TravelSafe. Click to compare the policies available.
Vantage World Strongly Recommends Insurance for all your Travel Programs
We provide, through TravelSafe Insurance, one of the nation's largest and most respected providers of travel insurance, a TravelSafe Custom Plan, where you decide the benefits YOU want and the levels of protection YOU desire including access to their 24-hour emergency assistance service from anywhere in the world. Click the link below the Plan Benefits table for plan details.