Classic Indochina Overview - 14D/13N
Recapture the nostalgia of French Indochina on this comprehensive program visiting Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. The tour begins with a visit to the grand temple complex of Angkor in Cambodia, Continue to vibrant Ho Chi Minh City where tradition and modernization fuse to create the dynamic atmosphere. Proceeding north along the coastline, visit the quaint fishing village of Hoi An, former imperial capital of Hue and historic Danang before visiting the capital city of Hanoi, characterized by elegant colonial architecture and traditional charm. Complete this grand Indochina tour with a visit to sleepy Laos and enjoy its smallâ€“town atmosphere and its rich cultural heritage in Vientiane and the former royal kingdom of Luang Prabang.
Indochina - Indochina was a federation of French colonies and protectorates in south-east Asia, consisting of Cochin China, Tonkin, Annam (all of which now form Vietnam), Laos and the Khmer Republic (now Cambodia). As a geographic term, Indochina also includes Thailand and Burma. Each of the Indochina Countries has its own unique attractions. Ancient monuments and old royal capitals bear witness to an illustrious past, while life styles present fascinating and contrasting images. Natural sights also abound, from the mountains to rainforests, and from wooded valleys to vast flood plains. Today the region provides exciting travel opportunity as the countries of the Mekong basin are fully accessible. Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam all now offer fresh and fascinating tour options and Thailand, in most cases, provides the perfect gateway for these journeys of discovery.
Included: Accommodation and meals as described (please note that some hotels provide only Continental Breakfast) - All transfers within the journey - Economy class on domestic flights - All entrance fees - English, French or German speaking guides (other languages available upon request) - E.V.T. letter for Myanmar.
Not Included: Visas and passports - Any personal expenses (like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc) - Meals other than those specified in the itinerary - International airfare - Airport taxes.
- Private: Daily. Guaranteed with 2 passengers minimum.
- Day 1 Phnom Penh - Arrival in Phnom Penh. Transfer. Sightseeing in Phnom Penh. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
- Day 2 Phnom Penh / Siem Reap - Transfer. Flight from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. Transfer. Sightseeing in Angkor. Visit Angkor Wat. Visit Angkor Thom. Overnight in Siem Reap.
- Day 3 Siem Reap - Sightseeing in Angkor. Visit Banteay Srei Temple. Visit Banteay Samre. Visit Ta Prohm. Visit Ta Keo - Overnight in Siem Reap.
- Day 4 Siem Reap / Saigon - Sightseeing in Angkor - Visit Roluos Group Temples. Transfer. Flight from Siem Reap to Saigon. Arrival in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Transfer. Overnight in Saigon.
- Day 5 Saigon - Sightseeing in Saigon and Cholon (Chinatown). Overnight in Saigon.
- Day 6 Saigon - Excursion to Cu Chi Tunnels and Tay Ninh. Overnight in Saigon.
- Day 7 Saigon /Hue - Transfer. Flight from Saigon to Hue. Sightseeing in Hue. Visit the Imperial Tombs of Tu Duc and Khai Dinh. Overnight in Hue.
- Day 8 Hue - Sightseeing in Hue. Visit the Old Imperial City. Visit the Thien Mu Pagoda and Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang with boat trip - Overnight in Hue.
- Day 9 Hue / Danang / Hoi An - By vehicle from Hue to Hoi An with sightseeing in Danang. Sightseeing in Hoi An. Overnight in Hoi An.
- Day 10 Hoi An / Danang / Hanoi - By vehicle from Hoi An to Danang. Flight from Danang to Hanoi. Transfer. Sightseeing in Hanoi - Overnight in Hanoi.
- Day 11 Hanoi / Vientiane - Transfer. Flight from Hanoi to Vientiane. Arrival in Vientiane. Transfer. Sightseeing in Vientiane. Overnight in Vientiane.
- Day 12 Vientiane / Luang Prabang - Transfer. Flight from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. Transfer. Sightseeing in Luang Prabang. Visit the National Museum (former Royal Palace, closed on Tuesdays). Visit Wat Visunalat (Wat Visoun). Visit Wat Aham. Visit Mount Phousi for sunset. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
- Day 13 Luang Prabang - Excursion to Pak Ou Caves. Visit Wat Xieng Thong. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
- Day 14 Luang Prabang - Transfer.
Accommodation: There are three levels of Hotels to choose from: Tourist, Standard and Superior.
Day by day Itinerary:
We provide, through “Insure My Trip” comparison site, travel insurance policies from Access America, AIG Travel Guard, CSA Travel Protection, Global Underwriters, HTH Worldwide, International Medical Group, MEDEX, MedjetAssist, MultiNational Underwriters, On Call International, RBC Travel Protection, Seven Corners, Travel Insured, Travelex and TravelSafe. Click to compare the policies available.
Vantage World Strongly Recommends Insurance for all your Travel Programs
We provide, through TravelSafe Insurance, one of the nation's largest and most respected providers of travel insurance, a TravelSafe Custom Plan, where you decide the benefits YOU want and the levels of protection YOU desire including access to their 24-hour emergency assistance service from anywhere in the world. Click the link below the Plan Benefits table for plan details.