Austria, in the heart of Europe, although small today, has been a cultural leader and involved in world events throughout history. Austria’s capital, Vienna, continues to be a truly international city. From its role as the host city of the 1815 Congress of Vienna, which decided the fate of Napoleon, to its position today as the site of important international meetings and the home of international agencies, Vienna continues to be in the center of things.
Not unlike the old monarchy’s motto, “the sun never sets in Austria,” the seasons never really seem to end in Austria. In winter, Austria offers some of the best skiing in the world. in spring, the Austrian landscape unfolds to a scenic beauty rarely equaled elsewhere. In summer, the sound of music is heard across Austria in a variety of festivals and concerts. And in fall, sports activities such as hiking, bicycling and hunting are in full swing. Visitors need not stay in imperial palaces to experience Austria’s delightful lifestyle and to feel at home. Many smaller hotels in Vienna and other cities offer comfortable surroundings and attentive service. In Vienna, see the Prater amusement park and ride the giant Ferris wheel. The delightful coffee houses in Vienna and Salzburg are the spots for animated discussions about the arts, world affairs and which city has the better coffee houses.
Suggested Austria Discoveries
- SELF DRIVE PROGRAMS - The tours listed here, are the suggested self-drive itineraries covering different regions and highlights. This is probably the best way to discover Austria, as a car allows you to be mobile at all times, to stop whenever you want and visit to your heart’s content! A limitless number of itineraries, including accommodation and fully insured car rental, is possible, as you can combine any of the different regions and cities to create “your own” program.
- CHRISTMAS MARKETS VISITS - Christmas is a very special time in Central Europe, steeped in tradition and human warmth, and Advent is usually ushered in with the opening of the town’s Christmas market or Weihnachtsmarkt in many of its medieval towns. Generally held in the town square and pedestrian zones, the market combines food and drink in the open air, is especially famous for Christmas ornaments and gifts shopping and offers pageantry as well as tradition.
- BIKING TOURS - We offer cycling tours around the best historical and naturally scenic sites Austria offers, accommodations are carefully chosen in family inns, charming B&B’s or four-or five-star hotels with a classical character. Experience the joy of riding through lanes that in some cases have been used only by herds of sheep. You will feel the peace of rural landscapes only broken by the singing of birds. Cycle at your own pace, without any rush, join into the local life and festivals, and make a memorable holiday out of your days spent with us.
- SKI PROGRAMS - The Alps account for two thirds of Austria’s surface area, and provide ideal conditions for relaxation, winter sports and winter fun. 71 winter regions with over 800 winter-sport locations offer pure enjoyment for their guests. 22,000 km of excellently prepared “pistes” fulfill every skier’s and snowboarder’s wish. From gentle family runs to high alpine tours, from easy to challenging slopes – it’s all there!
- CUSTOMIZED PROGRAMS - As specialists on this destination, we can prepare “the” specific itinerary you desire with the exact services you need. If you would like to have “your own” itinerary, contact us and advise us of all your requirements