Special Offer Peru! A Magical Experience 8D/7N
Come and discover the land of the Incas with this “special value” offer which makes Peru, home to some of the earliest and most advanced civilizations in the Western Hemisphere, truly irresistible.
Few places on earth have as rich a natural heritage as Peru. Its archeological treasures are unearthed each day reflecting many of the oldest and some of the most cultured civilizations which existed long before Christ. The local cultures could fuse metals in a plating process before the new testament was written, tamed the llama and irrigated crops more than 6,000 years ago. This countryâ€™s wonders donâ€™t stop with its cultural accomplishments, they only begin with them for many of Peruâ€™s greatest treasures are found within its complex environmental structure. It has 1701 known species of birds which is more than 50% of all the birds found within the neotropics, a region 25 times larger. 1347 species of orchids in 167 genera are known to grow in Peru and more than sixty are awaiting classification and verification. More than half of the orchids are found in eight of its departments and six of those same regions are home to more than 50% of the endemic species.
The country of an incredible people known as the Incas who built systems of winding mountain roads, remarkable cities, and an unforgettable legacy can be visited at an incredibly affordable rate. Come and discover the magic!
Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Urubamba “The Sacred Valley”-Pisac Indian Market and Ollantaytambo Fortress
Departures: Saturday, Monday or Thursday
Included: All airport transfers, tours and meals indicated in the itinerary: Tour of Modern and Colonial Lima, Full day excursion to Pisac Indian market and Ollantaytambo Fortress with lunch, Half day tour of Cusco, including the Cathedral and Koricancha “The Temple of the Sun”, the nearby archaeological sites of Kenko, Puca-Pucara, Tambomachay and Sacsayhuaman fortress, full day excursion to famous Inca Sanctuary of Machu Picchu without lunch. All entrance fees and train tickets needed to operate the tours and excursions, hotel accommodation: Two nights at the Mariel in Lima. Five nights at the Terra Andina Hotel in Cusco, a Colonial Mansion in the Historic District, hotel taxes and service charge.
Not Included: Airfares, whether on scheduled or charter flights - passport and visa expenses - government arrival and departure taxes - baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended) - excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar and beverage charges and telecommunication charges. Expenses such as tips, laundry, phone calls and other personal expenses are not included.
Optional: Add two days to see the Nazca Lines, and/or 4 days to the Amazon Rainforest.
- Optional Nazca Lines : 2 Day Nazca Lines overflight, Ballestas Islands, overnight at Paracas Hotel
- Amazon Rainforest: 3 Day Ceiba Tops and Canopy Walkway Monday, departure, including all meals
Departures: Weekly. Itineraries are flexible.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Lima - Arrive in Lima. Transfer to the Hotel Mariel or Transfer to the deluxe Sonesta Posada del Inca El Olivar Hotel
- Day 2 - Lima City Tour and the Larco Museum -Breakfast at your hotel. Tour of Lima and Larco Museum: This half day tour visits both the colonial and modern sections of this “City of Kings.” Colonial sites include the lovely Plaza de Armas with its cathedral and palace, and the exquisite Torre Tagle Palace modern day seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In modern Lima, drive along the exclusive residential areas of Miraflores and San Isidro. Continue to the Larco Museum, founded in 1926, it showcases remarkable chronological galleries providing an excellent overview on 3000 years of development of Peruvian pre-Columbian history. Located in a unique vice-royal mansion of the 18th century built over a 7th century pre-Columbian pyramid, is surrounded by beautiful gardens. Features the finest gold and silver collection from Ancient Peru and the famous erotic archaeological collection, one of the most visited Peruvian tourist attractions.
- Day 3 Lima - Cusco - Breakfast at your hotel. Early morning transfer from the hotel to the airport for a short but spectacular flight over the snowcapped Andes to the oldest inhabited city in the hemisphere, Cusco, at an elevation of 11,440 feet. (Flight cost not included. Usually available between $170.00 and $350.00 depending on when purchased). Transfer to the Terra Andina hotel, a colonial mansion in the historic district. Afternoon is at leisure, we suggest you to rest and let your body to adjust to the altitude and minimize the chances of getting altitude sickness.
- Day 4 - Cusco / Sacred Valley / Cusco - Breakfast at your hotel. Full Day Excursion to the Pisac Indian Market and the Ollantaytambo Fortress (Tu, Th, Su) -Morning departure for a drive through the fertile countryside to the colonial village of Pisac. During your visit to the bustling marketplace you will have the opportunity to bargain with the natives for many different types of Peruvian handicrafts and jewelry. After lunch the tour continues to the village of Ollantaytambo for a visit to its impressive Inca fortress. Lunch is included at a beautiful countryside mansion.
- Day 5 - Cusco/Machu Picchu -Breakfast at your hotel. Full day excursion to Machu Picchu. Early wake up for a train ride through the sacred valley of Urubamba to the “Lost City of the Incas,” aboard the Orient Express backpacker train service. Machu Picchu is perched 8,200 feet above the valley, It was hidden by mountains and semi-tropical jungles for 400 years until discovered by Hiram Bingham of Yale University in 1911. Archaeologists believe that the Inca “Virgins of the Sun” took refuge from the Spanish Conquistadors here. Guided tour of the ruins upon arrival.
- Day 6 - Cusco / Lima / Home -Breakfast at your hotel. Tour of Cusco and its Ruins - This afternoon’s tour of the oldest continuously inhabited city in the western hemisphere includes important landmarks of enchanting Cusco and also the nearby ruins of Kenko, Puca-Pucara, Tambomachay as well as the Sacsayhuaman fortress. Once the center of the Inca civilization, modern Cusco is a delightful combination of Inca and colonial architecture. During the tour, you will visit Cusco’s Cathedral, Santo Domingo Church and the Plaza de Armas.
- Day 7 - Cusco Free Day: Breakfast at you hotel. Day at leisure - Wandering through this lovely city, exploring the astonishing narrow streets of this tile roof colonial town will be your unforgettable experience. You will find something astounding at every turn. Great buys are the traditional Peruvian handicrafts, alpaca-wool sweaters and rugs, ponchos, pottery, gold and silver jewelry, leather goods, etc. Because there are such a variety of products, we strongly suggest that when you like any particular item, you should buy it - you may not find the same item in other store. Most visitors to Cusco return home disappointed for not having a free day to discover this imperial city on their own. To schedule a free time in Cusco is a MUST!
- Day 8 - Cusco-Lima, transfer to airport: Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer from hotel to the airport for your departure to Lima and your connecting international flight. Arrive home full of great memories of the rich tradition of Colonial Lima and the mystical Land of the Incas.
We provide, through “Insure My Trip” comparison site, travel insurance policies from Access America, AIG Travel Guard, CSA Travel Protection, Global Underwriters, HTH Worldwide, International Medical Group, MEDEX, MedjetAssist, MultiNational Underwriters, On Call International, RBC Travel Protection, Seven Corners, Travel Insured, Travelex and TravelSafe. Click to compare the policies available.