The Magic of Sicily Fly & Drive - 8D/7N
A suggested itinerary, studied to give you the possibility to discover the beauty of Sicily; and what a better way than driving. This way you have the flexibility to stay as long as you want in each place and stop at any beautiful point for a quick picture. From Palermo to Trapani via Catania and Agrigento.
Winter Departures: Daily from November to March.
Summer Departures: Daily from April to October.
Palermo: NHJolly Palermo 4* Or Similar
Catania: Una Hotel Palace Catania 4* Sup Or Similar
Agrigento: NH Dioscury Bay Agrigento 4* Or Similar
Trapani: NH Crystal Trapani 4* Or Similar
Included: Accommodation at the hotels including breakfast - Car hire group B from the 1Â° to the last day including unlimited mileage and compulsory insurances.
Note: all notices and extra possible insurances as per car hire contract which will be signed at the rent a car office, we invite you to read it carefully.
Not Included: Airfare - Bar - Entrance fees and drinks during meals - Airport tax - Personal expenses - Insurance - Passports and visas.
Day by day itinerary:
- Day 1: Palermo - Arrival in Palermo and transfer by car (rented at the airport or in one of the rented offices located in the city centre) to the hotel. Accommodation and rest of the day at leisure. Overnight.
- Day 2: Palermo / Monreale / Palermo - Breakfast and overnight at the hotel. Visit of Palermo including its main monuments: the Cathedral, the Palatine Chapel in the Royal Palace. We suggest you an excursion to Monreale the visit the Cathedral and the Benedectine Closter, in pure Norman style.
- Day 3: Palermo / Cefalu / Catania - Breakfast and departure to Cefalu (Km 70) famos fotr ist wonderfull Norman Cathedral. The journey continue to Catania (Km 180). Arrival, accommodation at the hotel and rest of the day at leisure. Overnight.
- Day 4: Catania / Taormina / Catania - Breakfast and overnight at the hotel. Departure to Taormina (Km 55) to visit the Greek Theatre and to enjoy time at leisure for shopping or walking through the tiny streets. Weather conditions permitting, excursion until 1800 meters to Mount Etna the highest active volcano of Europe.
- Day 5: Catania / Siracusa / Catania - Breakfast and overnight at the hotel. Panoramic tour of Catania and departure to Siracusa (Km 70) to visit the Archaeological area including the famous Latomie of the Paradise and the Dyionisios â€œEarâ€œ as well as the island of Ortigia, singular treasure of the baroque style. Return to Catania.
- Day 6: Catania / Piazza Armerina / Agrigento - Breakfast and departure to Piazza Armerina (Km 85) to visit the worldwide famous Villa Romana del Casale famed for its well preserved mosaics. Continue to Agrigento (Km 95). Visit of the Valley of Temples including the Temple of Juno, Concord, Heracles, Zeus, Castor and Pollux. Accommodation at the hotel and overnight.
- Day 7: Agrigento / Segesta / Erice / Trapani - Breakfast and departure to Segesta (Km 130) to visit the Doric Temple, surrounded by a unique landscape. Continue to Erice (Km 38), a medieval town full of myth and history. Visit of the historical centre. Departure to Trapani (Km 5) Visit of the city with its salt mill Accommodation and overnight.
- Day 8: Trapani / Palermo - Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Palermo (Km 108) Car delivery at the airport or in one of the rented offices in the city centre and end of our services.
Note: the above program is just a suggestion; the itinerary can be partially or totally changed, adding extra overnight in each of the mentioned cities or introducing new touristic services such as sightseeing, local guide services, private visits, meals in typical restaurants etc. Please feel free to ask us to built your personal itinerary according to your needs.
Vantage World Strongly Recommends Insurance for all your Travel Programs
We provide, through TravelSafe Insurance, one of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of travel insurance, a TravelSafe Custom Plan, where you decide the benefits YOU want and the levels of protection YOU desire including access to their 24-hour emergency assistance service from anywhere in the world. Click the link below the Plan Benefits table for plan details.